Student Registration Process
Enrolling a Student
To be eligible for enrollment in Southern Columbia Area schools, students must reside within the boundaries of the Southern Columbia Area School District
. Non-resident students can attend by paying tuition. The following are the tuition rates for the 2015-2016, school year: Non-Special Education- $8,221.45; Special Education- $16,293.53. These rates are determined by the Pennsylvania Department of Education and are subject to change each year.
All new student registrations should be started online prior to scheduling an appointment. Instructions on how to begin the student registration process online are found at the bottom of this page. If you do not have access to a computer, please call (570) 356-3459 to arrange for the use of a school computer on our campus and/or to make an appointment to complete the registration process. This office, and the registration process, is open year round.
At your appointment you will need to bring the following documents:
- Official birth certificate of student.
- Immunization records (you can get a copy of your child’s immunization records from the school you are leaving or from your child’s physician).
- Pennsylvania driver’s license indicating the address within the District
- Proof of Residence in Southern Columbia Area School District
Homeowners must submit a deed for a residential property within the District and Renters must submit a lease or notarized affidavit from the homeowner showing occupancy of a residence within the District. In addition, one (1) of the following must be provided:
- Tax return indicating the address within the district
- Current check stub for wages, public assistance, social security or other source of income indicating the address within the district
- Payment or proof of liability for payment for municipal or school district taxes for an improved property within the district.
- Current utility bill indicating payment for a utility due to occupancy of a residence within the district
For attendance in all grades children need the following:
- Tetanus - 4 doses with 1 dose administered on or after the fourth birthday
- Diphtheria - 4 doses with 1 dose administered on or after the fourth birthday
- Polio - 3 or more properly spaced doses
- Measles - 2 properly spaced doses
- Mumps - 2 properly spaced doses
- Rubella (German Measles) - 1 dose
- Hepatitis B - 3 properly spaced doses
- Varicella (chicken pox)- immunity, either from vaccination (2 doses), history of disease or laboratory testing.
Children attending 7th Grade need the following:
- 1 dose of tetanus, Diphtheria, acellular pertussis (Tdap) if 5 years has elapsed since last tetanus immunization.
- 1 dose of meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MCV)
Every child in grades K-12 must be immunized, unless exempt for medical reason, religious belief or philosophical/strong moral or ethical conviction.
Kindergarten registration for next school year is conducted in the G.C. Hartman Elementary School during the spring. Specific dates will be announced. Please call the elementary office at (570) 356-3252 for more information. Kindergarten pupils must be five (5) years old before September 1 of the current year.
Parents and guardians can get a head start on the student registration process using the District's online registration portal. In order to use the online system you will need to create a registration account. In order to complete the Online Registration Form, you must first have a personal email account so that a registration password can be set and emailed to you. If you would like to create a free Gmail account, please click here.
Directions for Using the Online Registration Portal (Note: this account is use for registration purposes only)
2. On the bottom left of the page select "Create New Account"
3. Enter basic account information (last name, first name, email, etc.) and submit
4. You will promptly receive a confirmation email
5. Open confirmation email and click on the link supplied
6. Confirm your email and password
7. Upon activation go back to the original registration login screen
8. Login using the email and password you just activated
9. Click on the "Create" Tab to start a new online registration form
10. Enter the requested information on each page
11. When all pages are completed click "submit"
Online Registration Shortcut Links
- Click Here to create an online registration account. A verification email will be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. If you don’t see the email in your inbox, you may want to check your Junk Email Folder. (If you already have an account you can log in here.)
Pupils moving from the Southern Columbia Area School District should inform the appropriate office at least three (3) days in advance. Parents/legal guardians are required to complete a withdrawal form prior to the students last day of attendance. For more infomation please call:
G.C. Hartman Elementary Center- (570) 356-3452
Middle School- (570) 356-3400
High School- (570) 356-3499
The Southern Columbia Area School District is not responsible for information contained on linked sites.